These links don't really go anywhere else. So they live here. Bunch of misfits....
Hats & Headwear
- Felted Hats - various styles from 14th-16th Centuries.
- English Hats - various styles from pre-13th to 15th C.
- Simple Steps to Look Great in a Veil, or Veil-and-Circlet, with photos by Cynthia du Pré Argent
- How to make a Hood by Dawn Costume Guide - instructions for a very basic hood
- How to be a HOOD-lum: Medieval Hoods by Cynthia du Pre Argent - includes patterns and illustrations of several styles.
- How to make a Coif: 1 & 3-Piece Methods - by Cynthia du Pre Argent
- Upbraiding Yourself & Others: The Basics of Braiding - aka Cynthia du Pré Argent - includes wearing hair with ribbons
- Footwear of the Middle Ages by I. Marc Carlson - An ongoing examination of the history and development of footwear and shoemaking techniques up to the end of the 16th century. Includes turn shoes, clogs, raised heals & some patterns. Basically a ton of stuff on footwear. Just like it says.
- Folly Bells: Jingle All The Way by Cynthia du Pré Argent - perfect for 14th-15th C. outfits, particularly in the winter time
Cloaks & Outerwear
General Beginner SCA Garb
- Introduction to Garb by Cynthia Virtue aka Cynthia du Pré Argent
- Costuming for Larger Sizes by Madilayn de Mer - Suggestions for how to fit larger women, including suggested styles for women of larger sizes.
- Interpreting Clothing from Period Sources (PDF) by Giuliana Salviati a/k/a Jessica Wilbur)
- The Use of Lower Grade Silks in the Renaissance @ Festive Attyre
- Boning with Hemp Cord @ Festive Attyre
- Zen of Spiral Lacing @ Festive Attyre
- A Costuming Idot's Guide to Basic Natural Dying @ Festive Attyre