Early Period: Viking
"A Quick & Dirty Look at Viking Women's Garb in the 9th & 10th Centuries" by Carolyn Priest-Dorman
- The Strongbow Saga Viking Site: Clothing Styles - for both men & women
- "Viking Tunic Construction" (SCA Class Handout/document) by Carolyn Priest-Dorman, including seam treatments, etc.
- "An Archeological Guide to Viking Men's Clothing" (SCA Handout/document by Carolyn Priest-Droman
- "Simple Viking Clothing for Men" (PDF) by Duchess Marieke van de Dal (SCA)
- "Kit Overview: Female" describes full array of garments worn by these women
- "Simple Viking Clothing for Women" (PDF) by Duchess Marieke van de Dal (SCA)
- Vigdis Viking Apron Dress with instructions for patterning your own.
- Molly's Viking Apron Dress with instructions for patterning your own.
- "Viking Apron Dress" (PDF) includes research and instructions for skirt, apron-dress & pinafore
- "Viking Style Apron Dress, 10th Century" at Genvieve.net
- "Viking Dress: A New Reconstruction" by Ellisif Flakkari (Monica Cellio)
- "Norse Apron Dresses: One Interpretation" by Lady Nastassiia Ivanova Medvedeva, called Tasha
- "Embroidery for Anglo-Saxon Clothing" including proper placement on garments
- Dark Age Stitch Types (with illustrations)
- Diletante Garb, Jewelry & Accessories - beautiful examples of her recreated Viking wardrobe, indluding pouch, belt & shoes
- Footwear in the Dark Ages - illustrations and pattern layouts, 700-1000.
- The Vikings! a page with pretty-much everything you'd ever want to know about Saxon, Norman, Celtic & Viking Re-Enactment
- Personal Grooming in the Viking Age by the Viking Answer Lady Webpage, with guide to hairstyles